This blog message contains a list of sites, which carry the pwsFWI Fire Weather Index. Please look here for more information, or look here for it’s distribution location on the Cumulus support forum. Look here for its scientific background. Check out the map as well for stations carrying CumulusUtils.
This message will be updated with new sites when I hear from siteowners they installed CumulusUtils and run a pwsFWI page. It will act as a library for the participating sites. Please, do not hesitate to ask questions or install the tool yourself. Today, with increasing temperatures everywhere, even the polar circle area has become a Fire Risk Area. Distributed tools on personal weather stations may play a significant role in this for warning and analysis. During its trials PwsFWI has shown it can be useful and gives correct warning.
[Edit 22/05/2020: Checked and Updated links]
List of pages
- De Wilgen – Groningen NL. My own weathersite, base of pwsFWI.
- Phil’s Backyard – Australia, very high FWI, high fire risk area from spring to autumn;
- Pogoda, Niesiołowice – Poland 20 km SW of Gdansk, seasonal risk spring to autumn;
- Weatherstation ‘t Zandt – Groningen NL 20 km N of my own station, hardly any risk (and hardly any forest);
- Meteo Sangonera – 10 km SW of Murcia in Spain, high risk area, forests hill areas close by;
- San Sebastian – Arriola Meteo – San Sebastian in Spain, low risk area with 1300 mm rainfall/year;
- Segur-le-Chateau – France, roughly 50 km SE of Limoges, medium to low risk area. Densely forested;
- Komoka Weather – Canada, Ontario. Halfway between Lake Eerie and Lake Huron. Low risk area.
- Komoka Weather – PaulMy’s second test site on WLL. For further info please contact Paul himself.
- Tilburg-Reeshof – Brabant NL, suburban station surrounded by forested area’s. Low risk area.
- Courtil aux Epines situé à Croisette – France, Pas de Calais, 35 km West of Arras. Low risk area.
- Crafers weather station – Australia, East of Adelaide, high risk area from spring to autumn.
- Northgate – Australia, Adelaide. Urban station with up-biased values indicative of risk of surrounding area.
- Surrey Downs Weather – Australia, Adelaide. Urban station with up-biased values indicative of risk of surrounding area.
- Meteo Meyenheim – France, 16 km north of Mulhouse in the Vosges, lots of rain but a also lot of forests around.
- Météo Saint Bonnet-le-Troncy – France, 50 km north-west of Lyon on the rising slopes of the Massif Central, lots of spruce forests around.
New sites are always welcome, please contact me if you have questions, wish to participate as tester or just want your site in the list.